Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEVOURER

Go down

DEVOURER   Empty DEVOURER

Post  Narrator Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:24 pm

"It's finally lost interest,"
She says as she leans out of the destroyed section of wall. You do the same to see a massive walking tank heading away from you.

"It's a mess. An expected mess."
she says. she then turns her attention away from the tank and jumps down the rubble to the ground floor. You follow her down. She continues, "What we didn't expect is how soon it would hit. Every nation in this fight is trying to get shots in on that damn thing so no one blames them for building it."

The man in the lab coat ineptly stumbles out of the building.

The woman turns around to face you,
"Oh, I guess this is as good a time as any to fill you in on some things."
She turns back around with a hand wave to follow her.
"Firstly, my name is Enix. We are part of a military organization known as Solaris. You are an agent of Solaris who has gone through some rough physiological and psychological conditioning. It's the reason you don't remember much. You'll come to eventually, if the process went correctly, though it may take some time."

Enix is interrupted by the man,
"I don't imagine he knows about the war either."

"Right!"
She says.
"I had a holovid explaining all of this stuff but-"
Just then, an explosion goes off back at the base. You've walked a block or so by now yet it still startles you all.
"We'll make do."
Enix says while continuing on,
"As you well know, Gemini's population is at its limit. as you also should know, Pandoras terraforming is nearing completion. All the nations who've helped with the terraforming efforts cant agree on what land claims they get. One nation sent some colony ships, another shoots them down."
She says while twirling her hand in the air.
"See where this is going? All Land claims are in the air with this war and whoever wins could take it all. That's the short version. However that still doesn't explain what you're doing here and now. Remember that tank that just passed by?"
You nod your head slightly.
"That damn thing is about to ruin everything we've worked for. If it's allowed to get to PROD, it will wipe out Halcyons defenses and allow the front runner to take the station. The war will be over then and we will have lost. That's the mission. Stop that thing at all costs."
She sternly tells you.

You become confused by this demand.
"Will you not be helping me?"
You ask her.

She looks at you for a second or two before speaking.
"There are many things left to do that need our attention."
she says right before reaching down and pulling open a hatch on the ground.
"I'll patch you into the operator."
she puts her hand on your chest and enters some information into your suit of armor.
"Good luck"
She jumps in the hatch and out of sight.

The man turns to you as he pulls something out of his pocket. It looks like a stack of credit cards.
"These might come in handy. They are mech controllers. Hook one up to a mechs Interface or control panel and-"
as the man speaks he is interrupted by Enix.
"Lets go Isik!"
"Just a moment!"
The man replies.
"As I was saying, It will make any mech autonomous and under your control."

"What's that noise?"
Enix asks out of sight.

A moment later an explosion blows you and Isik off your feet. A few more explosions sound as missiles continue to rain down. You were thrown far enough from the epicenter of the attack to be unscathed. You sit up. You peek over some debris in the direction the attacks came from. A tank stands at a crossroad motionless with its turrets aimed in your direction. Ten seconds go by until finally its turrets turn and the tank continues on its way. Isik is fine but as you go to inspect the hatch he needed to be in, it is completely destroyed and inaccessible.

"You have got to be kidding me!"
Isik yells out.
"So I'm stuck with you. OK, ok... I can do this. Just have to not die. Too old to die."

(aside: this is the start of your chapter 1. i intend this to be completely open. i want you to be able to "create the ground in front of you" and that's the challenge i'm giving you with this. sorry it took so long to write. i'm lazy as hell.
Narrator
Narrator
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum