Pandora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player 011

2 posters

Go down

Player 011 Empty Player 011

Post  Narrator Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:43 am

Alex's odyssey 011

You wake up, opening your eyes to a white light. Everything is hazy as if you woke up from one dream into another. The sounds of muffled voices are all around. All is calm and placid as your weightless body absorbs the bliss. For those few moments, you don't care what reality is. No more curious of your surroundings than the most rudimentary life forms. You come to the realization that you are not breathing. Startled that you had forgotten you even needed to, you begin reaching franticly for anything as your lungs start to seize. You pull yourself up gasping as you break the surface of the liquid.

"he's up! Let's move!"

A man in a tattered white lab coat helps you out of the tub you came from. All the while there are explosions going off and gunfire all around. Being as confused as you are, you just go along with the situation. The man helps you put on an inner suit which forms to your body. 

There is a woman, tall and blonde, standing at a destroyed section of wall. Clad in armor and firing a large plasma sniper rifle out of the hole, she screams back "which one is he?!"

"I picked the next one!" the man yells back.

The woman turns around taking cover with her back against the wall. You see her face now and are slightly taken aback by her beauty. She pulls out a device, a tablet with a transparent screen, and looks over its content briefly. After she's content, she tosses the device at you. A volley of plasma fire pours through the opening and the women returns some. The man takes you by the arm and guides you to a door. Once inside, the man sits you down on the ground. Explosions and small arms fire still dangerously close by. The room is circular and the entire wall is covered in gun racks fully stocked.

"we have to be quick about this," the man yells over the sounds of warfare. "answer me the questions so we know you're not brain dead." he says forcing the tablet into your focus. 

Looking at the screen you see many entries on it:
-name?
-age?
-armor?
-skills?
-physique?
-Upbringing?

The man scans you with another device while he waits.

(aside: you've read other player intros so I'm being a little more sparse on details. Only thing I ask is that you do not progress yourself through the intro.)
Narrator
Narrator
Admin

Back to top Go down

Player 011 Empty Re: Player 011

Post  Alexander R Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:56 pm

(Anything in <these> are thoughts going directly through the characters head. That doesn't mean some things do not being thought of, these are just to clearly represent thoughts or thought processes. If there is a better way to represent it or a way you would rather me do it let me know.)
I wake up, opening my eyes to a white light. Everything is hazy as if I had woken up from one dream into another. The sounds of muffled voices are all around. All is calm and placid as my weightless body absorbs the bliss. For those few moments, I don't care what reality is. No more curious of my surroundings than the most rudimentary life forms. I come to the realization that I am not breathing. Startled that I had forgotten I even needed to, I begin reaching frantically for anything as my lungs start to seize. Pulling myself up and then begin gasping as I break the surface of the liquid.

Leaning over I hear a mans voice exclaim "He's up! Let's move!..." Anything else said is quickly drowned out as vomit pours from my mouth. I feel something grab me and heave me from the liquid. Glancing around I realize the white light has vanished and around me dark forms outlined in a pale light move about (The shapes are dark while light sources act like a back light). <There seems to be a man in robes or a long coat holding onto me. Such a silly man, with a silly coat...> My thoughts are interrupted by explosions which shake the floor and I notice the gunfire coming from every direction it seems.

The 'Silly man' begins to dress me like a newborn babe. I do my best to help but it is hard to see, I mainly stand still and allow him to do the work. It seems to be a very tight fitting suit.

To my side I hear a females voice scream to the Silly man and I, "Which one is he?!"

<Such a pretty voice... He? I wonder if she means me or the Silly man...> I gaze towards the direction and see the shape of a what must be a woman. I focus and my vision picks up more details, she seems to have some suit like mine but thicker, she holds a large object that eminates light into the distance. Every shot glows and lights the area around it.

"I picked the next one!" The Silly man yells back.

<The Next One? Is that my name?> As I go to speak, the woman she turns and steps towards us.

I stare, my words frozen at my throat. It is quite obvious she is a beautiful woman even though my sight fails me. I notice her pull out a box of pale light and look over it briefly. Seeming content she tosses the box at me, I fumble nearly dropping it. A volley of light errupts through the opening near her and the woman turns from me. As she returns shots the Silly man takes me and guides me to the wall. suddenly it splits down the center with light and widens to allow us to enter. Once inside I look about. The area seems to be circular with the walls eminating light. Along them are many objects, some reminding me of the object she held.

As I stare faint memories flood into my concious. These are weapons. I begin recognizing the different types, what they do and how they work.

"We have to be quick about this," the Silly man yells over the sounds of warfare. "answer me the questions so we know you're not brain dead." he says forcing the box of light into my focus.

My eyes focus more closely on the box. I see that there is text inside the light. It's a tablet, that's what this is. I slowly read through it's entries each one bringing back memories of who I am, what I was. I begin to fill in the information. However one does not jog any memory.

'-Name?' < My name? > It seems to slip my mind and every time I come close to grasping the memory it slips through my fingers. < What was it the Silly man called me? The One? Maybe that is my name.>

I quickly type in 'The One'. Looking up I see that the Silly man has his back turned to me.
"Silly man, I finished entering the information"

(below is the info that has been entered)
Name - The One, Actual Name - Ross O'rouke, Common Alias - Bill Christmas

Age - 28

Armor - Medium coverage. Decent mobility and can still take some shots.

Skills - Lock cracking. Training in misc Martial Arts (Stickfighting in particular), small weapons, long range weaponry, ancient weapons (bows, swords, etc.), and mild knowledge of explosives. Adept at stealth and climbing. Mild silvertongue. Mechanics/Trapmaking. Quick learner (Can usually recreate something after only seeing it a few times, however it is usually poorly done unless routinely practiced or simple). (Those are the major ones I can think of)

Physique - Mild Build. More focused on endurance than heavy lifting. Appearance would be like mine, 6ft, brown/red eyes/hair. 150lbs.

My Upbringing was normal as a child, although my parents were rarely around so I spent much of my time outside with the family groundskeeper. Occasionally his son would come over. As time went on we became close friends. During my final years of school one of the students went awhol. He ended up shooting up the school and setting off a few explosives. I had been in bed sick that day and regret that desicion everyday. Why? Because my highschool sweetheart had been executed. Personally I felt that if I had been there I could have saved her or protected her.

In my later years I worked for the government as a 'Mole'. My job was to work myself into gangs or other criminal groups then expose their heavy hitters and leaders. This job allowed my to gain an odd assortment of skills and knowledge.

Holds no religion, views most churches to be corrupt. Believes that everyone has a purpose(s), there may be a higher being but does not concern himself with it. When he dies he will find out the truth.

(I'm leaving it up to you as to what happens with my characters vision, it can stay this way, I could gain back amazing vision, or just be normal. You decide. Since this is my first entry let me know if theres anything wrong in what I did or anything that would be good to change.)

Last edited by Alexander R on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spacing)

Alexander R

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrator Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:26 pm

(aside: it should be fine just adding your thoughts in plain text since you narrate in first person. Everything outside of quotation is basically you cognitively perceiving the story. It shouldn't be necessary to define logical thoughts as such when they come up.)

"Silly man?…" 
the doctor looks at you quizzically. 
"You may have needed more time."

He begins looking over the tablet and quickly puts it down as he turns his head towards you.

"the one?… you definitely needed more time. Listen, you know your real name right?!"

At that moment the woman from the other room rushes through the door and shuts it quickly. A large explosion in the other room shakes the area violently. She begins walking to the center of the room where she summons a console. 

"does he check out?"
She says to the doctor.

The doctor begins,
"well… n-"

"good, get him up"
She interrupts him. All the while she types fiercely at the console. 

The man brings you to your feet and guides you to her. Your eyesight slowly but surely becomes clear. She disengages from the console and kneels down to a small platform on the floor. She rips it up an tosses it aside exposing mechanical contraptions underneath. There seems to be a lot of room below as she digs deep inside seemingly fishing for something. She pulls up a suit of armor and tosses it at your feet.

"this guy didn't get his name right! You know what happens when these things are unstable."
The doctor begins arguing with her.

"Please shut up. The name we have on record isn't even his real name, just the alias he went by when we extracted him. Doubt he even knows his real name anymore."
She says as she continues with her tasks. She speaks into her comm device, "we're fine. Making do with what we have."

An alarm starts to sound with a computer voice announcing a countdown timer of five minutes.

"better hurry with that armor and don't forget to pick some guns… shit, I forgot the debrief. Sucks for you."
The woman says as she heads to the opposing door with her gun drawn. 
Narrator
Narrator
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander R Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:39 pm

(I thought I had set this up to notify me when you post but apparently that does not work, so apologies for not replying. I'm not exactly sure how the weapons work but assuming they are like most weapons we have today but instead use a plasma round.)

"uh, what happens in 5 minutes?" I ask while the Silly Man helps put on an armored suit and optics. The woman seems too busy to answer me, I glance about seeing the wide arrangement of weapons before me. I quickly grab what looks like a medium to long range rifle, two pistols, boot knife, a bandolier of grenades and C4 with detonators.

"Any chance you can explain to me..." A deafening explosion rips through the room and I fall to my hands and knees. Through the clearing dust I can see that woman standing up and beckoning me towards her. I snatch up my supply pack and stumble towards her.

(Medium armor, pistols on hips, knife on right calf, rifle on tactical sling, grenades on chest bandolier, and C4 in pack along with misc.)

Alexander R

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrator Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:17 pm

"It's finally lost interest,"
She says as she leans out of the destroyed section of wall. You do the same to see a massive walking tank heading away from you.

"It's a mess. An expected mess."
she says. she then turns her attention away from the tank and jumps down the rubble to the ground floor. You follow her down. She continues, "What we didn't expect is how soon it would hit. Every nation in this fight is trying to get shots in on that damn thing so no one blames them for building it."

The man in the lab coat ineptly stumbles out of the building.

The woman turns around to face you,
"Oh, I guess this is as good a time as any to fill you in on some things."
She turns back around with a hand wave to follow her.
"Firstly, my name is Enix. We are part of a military organization known as Solaris. You are an agent of Solaris who has gone through some rough physiological and psychological conditioning. It's the reason you don't remember much. You'll come to eventually, if the process went correctly, though it may take some time."

Enix is interrupted by the man,
"I don't imagine he knows about the war either."

"Right!"
She says.
"I had a holovid explaining all of this stuff but-"
Just then, an explosion goes off back at the base. You've walked a block or so by now yet it still startles you all.
"We'll make do."
Enix says while continuing on,
"As you well know, Gemini's population is at its limit. as you also should know, Pandoras terraforming is nearing completion. All the nations who've helped with the terraforming efforts cant agree on what land claims they get. One nation sent some colony ships, another shoots them down."
She says while twirling her hand in the air.
"See where this is going? All Land claims are in the air with this war and whoever wins could take it all. That's the short version. However that still doesn't explain what you're doing here and now. Remember that tank that just passed by?"
You nod your head slightly.
"That damn thing is about to ruin everything we've worked for. If it's allowed to get to PROD, it will wipe out Halcyons defenses and allow the front runner to take the station. The war will be over then and we will have lost. That's the mission. Stop that thing at all costs."
She sternly tells you.

You become confused by this demand.
"Will you not be helping me?"
You ask her.

She looks at you for a second or two before speaking.
"There are many things left to do that need our attention."
she says right before reaching down and pulling open a hatch on the ground.
"I'll patch you into the operator."
she puts her hand on your chest and enters some information into your suit of armor.
"Good luck"
She jumps in the hatch and out of sight.

The man turns to you as he pulls something out of his pocket. It looks like a stack of credit cards.
"These might come in handy. They are mech controllers. Hook one up to a mechs Interface or control panel and-"
as the man speaks he is interrupted by Enix.
"Lets go Isik!"
"Just a moment!"
The man replies.
"As I was saying, It will make any mech autonomous and under your control."

"What's that noise?"
Enix asks out of sight.

A moment later an explosion blows you and Isik off your feet. A few more explosions sound as missiles continue to rain down. You were thrown far enough from the epicenter of the attack to be unscathed. You sit up. You peek over some debris in the direction the attacks came from. A tank stands at a crossroad motionless with its turrets aimed in your direction. Ten seconds go by until finally its turrets turn and the tank continues on its way. Isik is fine but as you go to inspect the hatch he needed to be in, it is completely destroyed and inaccessible.

"You have got to be kidding me!"
Isik yells out.
"So I'm stuck with you. OK, ok... I can do this. Just have to not die. Too old to die."

(aside: this is the start of your chapter 1. i intend this to be completely open. i want you to be able to "create the ground in front of you" and that's the challenge i'm giving you with this. sorry it took so long to write. i'm lazy as hell.
Narrator
Narrator
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down